Mediation for young people
Contact our award-winning Special Educational Needs and Disability Mediation and Disagreement Resolution Service.
We help families resolve disputes with the local authority or health service.
How we can support you
If you are aged 16 -25, the right to request Mediation or go to Tribunal rests with you rather than your parents. It is really important that you feel supported to express your views. We have a wide range of ways to support you to do this whether or not you choose to attend the mediation meeting. For example:
- You can do a video or audio recording
- You can draw a picture to show your views and concerns
- You can fill in one of our forms
- You can bring a friend to the meeting
- You can just be there at the start of the meeting or for as long as you like
- You can be as creative as you like! And you can tell us what works best for you.
Please get in touch with us to have a chat. We will do our best to help.
“Thank you for helping my daughter take part in her mediation. This was the first time she has been able to articulate her needs and participate in a meeting about herself. She was anxious but everybody at the meeting and especially the mediator gave her a lot of confidence.”
Parent of a 16 year old