Feedback and complaints

We welcome comments and suggestions about the services we offer. It is when you tell us that the service is not working quite right or not quite of the standard you expect that we can do something about the situation. We also love to know what works well or when you have received a great service from a member of our staff so we can make sure they are recognised.

We recommend that you start by talking to the Kids staff member you know or have regular contact with. The staff member will ensure that the relevant Regional Manager or Department Head are informed about your views.

If you prefer to put your comments and suggestions in writing, then you can email us here with the subject matter of “comments/suggested improvements”. This email inbox is regularly monitored and your email will be responded to promptly confirming receipt and informing you to whom the email has been passed on to.

Or you may wish to put your comment/suggest improvements in writing to the regional office. Find the details for your local office on our Contact page. We will endeavour to acknowledge compliments and comments wherever possible but whilst this may not always be practicable, please be assured that they are always appreciated.

If the matter raised involves another member of Kids staff, it will remain confidential and be dealt with in an anonymous fashion.


There may be an occasion when you wish to make a complaint. We aim to resolve these as quickly and efficiently as possible in a personal, fair and confidential way.

  1. You can complain in person, by phone, in writing, or by email. It is easier for us to resolve complaints if you raise them as soon as you become aware of the issue, and directly to the service or department concerned. Please talk to a member of staff or manager within the service or department you are complaining about so that they can try to resolve any problems on the spot.
  2. Alternatively you can complete our online Customer Complaints Form. If you are receiving a web-based service from Kids, you can also make a complaint using this form too.
  3. Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days
  4. We will always take steps to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and complaint. We will only disclose it to people who need to look into your complaint and where we are legally permitted to do so.
  5. We will investigate your complaint and give you a written response within 14 working days. If the matters you have raised are complex and likely to take longer than 14 working days to resolve, we let you know when we write to acknowledge your complaint. We would aim to resolve any complex matters with you within 28 working days.

Please see our Complaints Procedure for Parents and Carers below for our full complainant’s procedure including what to do if you are not happy with our response to your complaint.


If your complaint is related to Fundraising you can contact them directly by telephone from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday on 0207 359 3635 or email Alternatively you can complete our Customer Complaints Form.

You can read our Fundraising Complaints Procedure below.

If you are not happy with the way Kids has managed your complaint or the outcome, you can contact the following organisations. You will be given details of these in the Complaint Decision Letter you will receive from Kids .


If your complaint relates to a service which is registered with Ofsted then you may contact them on the details below:

  • Address: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD
  • Telephone: 0300 123 1231
  • Textphone/Minicom: 0161 618 8524 (Prefix for Typetalk: 18001)
  • Email:

Care Quality Commission

If your complaint relates to a service which is registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC) then you may contact them on the details below:

  • Address: CQC, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4PA,
  • Telephone: 0300 061 6161
  • Email:

Social Care Ombudsman

For services commissioned or funded by a public body such as a Local Authority or National Health Service contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO). The LGSCO Intake Team can be contacted for information and advice, or to register your complaint:

  • Adresss: The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
  • Telephone: 0300 061 0614
  • Website: (there are links to an enquiry form and a complaint form on this page)

The LGSCO will not usually investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.

Data Protection

If your complaint relates to how we collect and use your personal information, you have the right to report your concerns to the UK data protection regulator, The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):

  • Telephone: 0303 123 1113
  • Website: www.

At Kids , we take your privacy seriously and treat all the personal data you give us with great care. For more information please read our Privacy Policy.


Fundraising Complaints

Our Fundraising Complaints Procedure