The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services offer information, advice and support for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This service is also offered directly to young people.

The service is free, impartial and confidential.

KIDS SENDIASS have developed resources providing information and advice for parents, carers, professionals and young people.

It is a legal requirement that all local authorities have a SENDIAS service and KIDS provide a number of these services across the country. Each KIDS SENDIAS service has a local page with their contact details, local information and local resources.

Find your local SENDIASS service here


We are part of the



My SENDIASS for young people aged 16 - 25 with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities. 

Find out more about the SENDIAS minimum standards and our policies

Visit the links here for latest COVID-19 updates and resources.

Finding help when you or your child has SEN (Special Educational Needs) can be challenging. Having a personal budget can give you the support you need to receive the care you deserve.

This is a short guide to help you understand the different personal budgets you may be eligible for.

EHC personal budget

An EHC personal budget is an amount of money per year that may be allocated to your family from your local authority to cover the cost of making a special educational provision specified in the EHC plan (Education Health and Care Plan).

Read the full guide on EHC personal budgets and direct payments here

Social care personal budget

A social care personal budget allows you to receive any social care and support you may need. Your local authority decides if you are eligible for a social care personal budget to help with any social care and support you may need. This is determined through a needs assessment.

Read the full guide on social care personal budgets here

Personal health budget

A personal health budget is an amount of money given to you to support your health needs, which is planned and agreed between the recipient or their representative and the local CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group). The personal health budget is not new money, but it may mean spending money differently so that you can get the care you need.

Read the full guide on personal health budgets here

Carer’s well-being personal budget

Not to be confused with a carer’s allowance. A carer’s personal budget (also known as a carer direct payment) is a sum of money paid by your local authority’s Adult social care department. The money is to help carer’s pay for things which will help them in their caring role.

Read the full guide on carer’s well-being personal budgets here

View our what personal budgets do you need infographic here

Do you have feedback about the KIDS SENDIAS Website? Tell us here