We know that caring for someone is a big commitment, it can often mean a young person puts their own needs last and their wellbeing takes a hit.

NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group and Hull City Council in partnership with KIDS provide grants for individual Young People who provide care, assistance or support to another family member who may have a long term illness, disability, mental health difficulties or problems with drug or alcohol misuse.

The Grant widens opportunities for young carers to explore their own interests and hobbies and improve their overall wellbeing. An application can be supported through the Hull City Council’s Young Carer Project or any professional that is aware of the young person’s caring responsibilities for example a teacher or health professional.

How does the service work?

A Young Carer can apply for a grant up to £300 to support an existing interest, a new hobby or buy a piece of equipment. 

Examples of what the Grant can support include -

  • Books
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Swimming Lessons
  • Sports Equipment
  • Music Equipment and/or Lessons
  • Annual Theatre Pass
  • Annual Cinema Pass
  • Gym Membership
  • Laptop/Tablet
  • Bike
  • Photography Equipment / Lessons
  • Driving Lessons
  • Short Courses

Who is the service for?

The Young Carers Wellbeing grant supports young carers aged between 5 and 17 who live in Hull.

How much does it cost?

The service is free.

How do you access the service?

A young carer and their supporting professional can gain further information about The Young Carers Wellbeing Grant from the supporting guidance notes available alongside the grant application form on the Hull Local Offer website 

Young Carers Wellbeing Grants

Contact Details

Young Carers Grant Administrator

Tel: 01482 467540

Email:  [email protected]