KIDS is keen to build relationships with Trusts and Foundations that are interested in enhancing the lives of disabled children, young people and their families.
Our core services which provide regular support to disabled children and their families are funded principally through local statutory contracts, however voluntary income is vital in order to provide additional support and to develop and implement new programmes and projects which will have direct and tangible benefits for all those who use our services.
How your Trust could help
We have a range of projects across England which we urgently need funding for:
- Making KIDS Short Breaks available in more areas. Short Breaks allow parents to book a much needed break on-line and get a few hours for themselves while their child is enjoying an activity of their choice
- Providing support for siblings of disabled children who often have caring responsibilities and who can miss out on quality time with their parents
- Expanding our Home Learning service to ensure that all disabled children receive the early support they need. Home Learning has a massive impact on their future development and their educational prospects
- Providing transport to and from our inclusive Adventure Playgrounds and services. This is vitally important as public transport is usually not a practical option
- Repairing and renewing our playgrounds and providing play equipment and materials.
- Running play schemes to engage young people during school holidays and give parents a break from their caring responsibilities and time with their other children
- Expanding our Transitions work which supports disabled children and young people as they move between schools, further education, employment and as they move into adulthood
To find out more about any of these projects, arrange a visit, or learn more about KIDS, please contact Karine Pardé, Head of Trusts and Corporate, on 020 7359 3635 or email@example.com