Closing date: 7th August 2015
FTE Salary: Grade 6, £17,126 per annum
Hours per week: Part time, approximately 12 hours per week with the possibility of additional hours
Location: South Gloucestershire
Number of positions: 3
KIDS South West runs a successful short breaks service for disabled children aged 0 – 18 years, supporting over 40 families across South Gloucestershire at home and in their community.
The Short Breaks service currently consists of 3 elements:
1. Inclusion - focuses on enabling disabled children and young people to play active part in their local community, including accessing local facilities such as swimming, soft play, cinema and playgrounds.
2. Support in the Home - provided to families with additional stresses or care needs and is often helping the family at times of pressure such as teatime, bedtimes.
3. Time for You - provides a sitting service for the family when the parents/carers can go out for a break, leaving their children in the care of a KIDS worker.
KIDS are looking to recruit 3 Short Breaks Practitioners with a minimum of NVQ level 2 to support the work of the existing team.
If you have the relevant qualifications and are able to demonstrate;
- Experience of working with disabled children/young people
- Ability to meet the needs of individual children
- Willingness to work a range of unsocial hours
- Drive and enthusiasm
we would like to hear from you.
Car driver essential
Job Description and Person Specification
Please send a CV and covering letter to Pamela Williams on Pam.Williams@kids.org.uk or post to
For further information please contact Pamela Williams via email or telephone 0117 9476111.