Closing date: Monday 9th November 2015
Interview date: Tuesday 17th November 2015
FTE Salary: Grade 3, £28,735-£31,696 per annum
Hours of work: Full time, 36 hours per week. Permanent.
Location: Orchard Centre, Dudley
Formed in 1971, KIDS occupies a unique position in the charity sector. During its 44 year history and its steady growth KIDS is the only national charity that is solely focused on disabled children no matter what their impairment or disability. The charity’s principal activity is providing quality services for disabled children, young people and their families most, but not entirely, funded by contracts with Local Authorities.
We are looking to recruit a Service Manager to join our team in Dudley who will be responsible for managing and developing the services including short breaks and domiciliary home care across the Midlands area.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for:
· Developing and managing the services offered from the Orchard Centre.
· Day to day management of the centre including health and safety.
· Developing and managing relationships with those responsible for services to disabled children and their families at a strategic and operational level
· Recruitment, selection and ongoing management of permanent and sessional staff team.
· Ensuring the services fully meet the needs of the children and their families, facilitating feedback and seeking opportunities for co-production.
· Budget and financial management.
· Ensuring all services comply with the specifications and monitoring requirements and the services meet and exceed relevant Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Ofsted requirements
· Preparing a range of monthly and quarterly reports and attending meetings with stakeholders as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have previous Registered Manager experience, preferably with CQC. The successful candidate will also require an enhanced DBS check.
KIDS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description Person Specification
Please download an application pack and send completed applications to Claire.Reid@kids.org.uk
or post to:
248 Birmingham Road
For further information please contact Claire on 0121 362 3697