Closing date: Friday 23 May 2014
Hours of work: 36 hours pw (full time)
Salary: up to £33,505-£35,000 pa
KIDS is the only national charity solely dedicated to supporting disabled children, young people and their families no matter what their disability or impairment.
KIDS’ vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations and their right to an inclusive community which supports them and their families.
KIDS wishes to appoint a Residential Short Breaks Registered Manager to manage our 7 bed overnight respite house in Almondsbury, Bristol, supporting disabled children and young people, which has recently been extended and refurbished. The successful candidate will need to meet all the requirements of Ofsted for such a position as well as winning the confidence of both the young people and their families and the referring local authority. Candidates will have the following:
- A qualification relevant to working with children, at either Level 4/5 or the DipSW (or equivalent).
- A qualification at level 4 in management (or equivalent).
- Three years’ experience of working with children, including disabled children.
- Two years’ experience of working in a residential setting in the last five years at Senior Practitioner or Project Coordinator level.
- The ability to plan, budget and administer the finances.
- The ability to lead staff and operations in a manner that delivers the best possible care for disabled children and young people.
- Knowledge of OFSTED requirements/relevant legislation.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential.
In return KIDS offer 25 days’ holidays on starting, in addition to Bank Holidays and, following satisfactory completion of your probationary period, you will also receive life assurance cover.
KIDS offer a comprehensive induction, as well as ongoing training opportunities.
Job description Person specification
Download an application pack and send completed application form, full CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this post along with KIDS Equality and Diversity Monitoring form to email@example.com or post to:
KIDS HR Department
249 Birmingham Road
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org