Closing Date: 15/12/2014
Hours of work: 8 hours per week
Grade 6, FTE Salary £16,956
The Residential Respite Practitioner will work with young people providing a warm accepting environment where the physical, emotional, health, social, educational, communication, cultural and spiritual needs of young people can be met.
The Practitioner is to provide residential respite care for young people with learning and/or physical disabilities, providing 1:1 support if required.
The direct work with the young people will also include providing practical and emotional support to young people, empowering them to develop skills and appropriate independence to enable them to attain the highest possible quality of lifestyle.
Do you have -
if so KIDS would like to hear from you.
- NVQ 3, Working with Children and Young People. (or equivalent)
- Commitment to undertake further training as required.
- Experience of working with children with special needs.
- Understanding of special educational needs and disabilities.
- Able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to support and motivate team members.
- Able to establish good working relationships with young people.
Job Description Person Spec
249 Birmingham Road
Download an Application Pack
Please send completed applications to Charan Sohal:
For further information please contact Charan via email or telephone 0121 3624564.