KIDS have an opening for a Voluntary position as a Play Volunteer in the South West...
1. Bath: Bath Saturday Club, Parkside Children's Centre, Charlotte Street, Bath BA1 2NE
2. Keynsham: Holiday Play Scheme, Wellsway School, Chandag Road, Keynsham BS31 1PH
Supporting disabled children/young people within a group setting to provide fun and engaging activities. Specifically on a Saturday morning in term time at a club for 5-13 year olds in Bath (10am - 2pm) and a school holiday play scheme for 5-19 year olds in Keynsham (9.30am – 4pm) from 16 – 31 August for 3 or 4 days per week.
You will be required to:
- Provide fun and engaging activities
- Support disabled children and young people
- Set up and tidy away activities
- Help at activity sessions
- Support the children to access and participate in the activities available
- Ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing is responded to and high levels of health and safety are adhered to
- Participate in group and one-to-one activities
- Fun with the children and young people!
- An ability to respond to the needs of disabled children and young people
- Some young people may present with behaviour that challenges
- Some previous experience of this service user group would be helpful, but not essential
- You will work as part of a team
- You will need to be confident and enthusiastic with plenty of energy!
All KIDS Volunteers receive a full induction training programme before commencing the role.
You will need a DBS check and to be at least 18 years old.
KIDS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
Download and complete an application form.
Please send completed applications to Louisa Jennings by email to Louisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
For further information please contact Louisa by email or telephone 01179476111.