KIDS approach is to empower disabled children and young people to develop their skills and abilities. We create opportunities for them to take part in positive play, learning, leisure, employment training and social activities. We encourage them to follow their aspriations.
We are a unique organisation, basing our success upon building a close partnership with parents and providing real solutions to the difficulties which disabled children can face.
We provide a wide range of services for disabled young people aged 0 to 25 and their families. Through these we aim to:
- Equip parents with extra skills and confidence to nurture and develop their disabled child
- Enable disabled children to have a happy childhood
- Support teenagers and young adults to develop practical, social and interpersonal skills, challenge discrimination and achieve their goals
- Provide parents with support and breaks from the pressures of caring for a disabled child
- Provide fun activities and support for siblings of disabled children and young carers
- Assist local authorities and other organisations in making their facilities accessible and welcoming to all disabled children and young people