Volunteer Helpline Worker/Administrative Assistant
KIDS Croydon Parent Partnership service is looking for Volunteer Helpline Worker/Administrative Assistant.
Purpose of the post:
1. To provide a administrative function to support the work of KIDS Parent Partnership Service.
2. To manage the helpline and respond to parents, colleagues, other service and organisation staff ensuring information is logged and enquiries passed on.
3. To work independently.
Responsible to: Parent Partnership Co-ordinator
Working relationships: Parents, schools, education team members, officers within the Council, Health and Social Services staff and other appropriate services and organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Man the helpline and respond sensitively to parental enquiries, record information accurately and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
2. Respond to routine and more complex enquiries using discretion in forming responses providing information within the remit of Parent Partnership work and ensuring it is consistent with agreed policies and procedures.
3. Undertake appropriate training. To gain a good working knowledge of WN legislation and Croydon SEN Policies and SEN process.
4. Undertake design and production of service documents and newsletters, using appropriate ICT skills.
5. Undertake photocopying, collating, including the creation of new filling systems.
6. Research areas of work, including using the internet to obtain, collate and present information in an acceptable format for parents and professionals.
If you would like to apply or to get more information please give a call to Aurelija: 020 8688 8288 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org