Fixed-term until March 2016
Closing date: 26th May 2015
FTE Salary: £26,817 - £29,100
Hours of work: 18 hours per week
Independent Support is a national programme commissioned by the Department of Education through the Council for Disabled Children, to fund the voluntary, private and community sector to employ staff and volunteers to support parents and young people through the recent education reforms; particularly in relation to those transitioning from Statements of SEN to Education, Health and Care Plans and to support those newly entering the SEN assessment process.
The post of Independent Support Coordinator will support this new service through the development of a modular training course covering key aspects of the new SEND legislative framework and guidance; together with practical exercises to demonstrate effective ways of supporting parents and young people.
Should you have a relevant NVQ 3 qualification and would relish the challenge of this new role and be able to demonstrate:-
• Experience of team supervision within a similar service/sector
• Experience of caseload management and project coordination
• Experience of collaborative work with multidisciplinary agencies such as schools, the local authority and partner agencies.
• Work experience within an environment relevant to special educational needs and disability
• Understanding of effective approaches to working with children and families
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant SEN legislation
Job description Person specification
Please download an application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org